Monday, November 16, 2009

Chest Pain

The pain I felt inside my chest when I woke up made me realize indeed I have asthma. The pain comes nowhere else but from my swelling air tube that connects my nose to my lungs. This pain I used to ignore and just associate with the over all experience of having an asthma. But as I grow older, I learned to pay attention, identify and pinpoint the source of my discomforts.

This pain gets worse when I cough. It's the tearing sensation from my throat transferred to the inside of my chest. It's like my airways is constricted or swelled and yet it is forced to stretch every time I cough. Worse, to cough is not something we voluntarily do.

I have been taking inhalation medication since two days ago, realizing only now that its content is depleted.

I bought a new inhalation solution and I don't feel as much discomfort as I felt when I woke up.

With the self-administered anti-biotic, inhalation, and another anti-asthma tablet, I hope I get well four days from now, the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment