Friday, December 12, 2008

Sore throat

11 December 2008

I had a sore throat two days ago. Two days before that, I ate fried fish in Marikina hotel for dinner. I remember the fish because my lips became itchy halfway through it. My lips blistered the next day, and a day after that my throat became really sore after I ate mango shake for afternoon snack.

I took Sinutab and Celestamine and vitamin C twice a day. I thought I was ok yesterday until this morning. But this noon, right after lunch, my throat went so dry and itchy I could not sleep though I was so drowsy. I remember when I was young when my sore throat was not administered, about third or second day thereafter, I would feel exactly the same way. Then I would be coughing and spitting, and starting that night, I would have my asthma attack.

Except for the dry and itchy throat, I am ok. I try to be strong because I do not want my wife to worry about me. She already has her sick mother to worry about.

Wife arrives from a Christmas party and she has with her the lozenges I requested for sore throat.

Bought Salbutamol for inhalation. I remember, inhalation takes away the dryness and the itchiness of my throat.

Last time when I had this, I believe I took the same medication including the inhalation. I believe, after three days I still had the itchy and dry throat I had to see a doctor for an anti-biotic prescription.

No comments:

Post a Comment